- To regulate the installation, operation and maintenance of radio stations both for private and public use (Act No. 3846, as amended).
- To regulate and supervise the provision of public telecommunications services (RA 7925, CA146, as amended).
- To manage the radio spectrum (Act No. 3846, as amended and RA7925).
- To regulate and supervise radio and television broadcast stations, cable television (CATV) and pay television (BO546 and BO205).
- Grants certificates of Public convenience and Necessity/Provisional Authority to install, operate and maintain telecommunications, broadcast and CATV services.
- Grants licenses/permits to purchase, possess, construct, operate and maintain radio stations
- Allocate/sub-allocate and assign the use of radio frequencies.
- Type approve//type-accept all types radio communications equipment (WDN, CPE…etc)
- Conduct radio communication’s examination and issue radio operators certificate
- Prepare, plan and conduct studies for policy and regulatory purposes
- Monitor the operation of all telecommunications and broadcast activities
- Enforce applicable domestic and international laws, rules and regulations, prosecute violation thereof, and impose appropriate penalties/sanctions
- Issue licenses to operate land, maritime, amateur, aeronautical station and other safety and special radio services.
- Perform such other telecommunications/broadcast-related activities as may be necessary in the interest of public service.