NTC Regional Office 5

In June of 1977, the NTC of Region V was created and was established at Rivera Building Rizal St. Old Albay, Legazpi City.

And in October 1985, it was transferred to its own building at the Government Site Center, Legazpi City.

The Office is in charge of Camarines Norte, Camarines Sur, Albay, Catanduanes, Sorsogon and Masbate.


National Telecommunications Commission of the Philippines

The National Telecommunications Commission (NTC) is the Government agency created under Executive Order No. 546 promulgated on July 23, 1979, and conferred with regulatory   and   quasi-judicial    function   taken   over    from    the    Board    of          Communications and the Telecommunications Control Bureau which were   abolished in the same order.

Primarily,   the NTC is the sole body that exercises jurisdiction over the supervision, adjudication and control over all telecommunications services throughout the country. For the effective enforcement of this responsibility,  it adopts and promulgates such guidelines,  rules, and    regulations   relative   to    the  establishment   operation   and   maintenance   of   various telecommunications facilities and services nationwide.

Although independent,   in  so  far  as  its  regulatory  and  quasi-judicial functions are concerned,  the  NTC  remains under the administrative supervision of the Department of Transportation and Communication as an attached agency, However, which respect to its quasi-judicial functions, NTC’s decisions are appealable only and directly to the Supreme Court.

Historical Background

1927

Act No. 3396 known as the Ship Radio Station Law was enacted.  The Radio Construction and Maintenance Section, the first radio regulatory office was charged to enforce the said law.

1931

Act No. 3846 known as the Radio Control Law was enacted.  The Radio Control Division in the Bureau  of  Post  was  created  under the  jurisdiction  of  the  Secretary  of  Commerce  and Communications.

1939

The Radio Control Division was transferred to the Department of National Defense which was organized pursuant to Executive Order No. 230.

1947

The Radio Control Division was again transferred to the Department of Commerce and Industry which was created  pursuant to Executive Order no. 230

1951

Republic act 1476 was enacted abolishing the Radio Control Board.

1962

Department Order 51 was issued changing the name of the Radio Control Division to the Radio Control Office.

1972

The Board of Communication (BOC) was created under the Integrated Reorganization Law. It was the first quasi-judicial body with adjudicatory powers on matters involving telecommunications services.

1974

The Radio Control Office was renamed the Telecommunication Control Bureau.

1979

By virtue of Executive Order 546, the TCB and the BOC were integrated into a single entity now known as the National Telecommunications Commission. The ministry of Transportation and Communications, which was created under the same Order has administrative jurisdiction over the NTC.

1987

President Corazon C. Aquino issued Executive Order 125-A making the NTC an attached agency of the Department of Transportation and Communications.